Take this list with you when you next see the doctor who is looking after the person you care for.
- What should I do when the person I care for has an Atrial Fibrillation (AFib) episode?
- What are the anticoagulant treatment options? What should I know about blood thinners, anticoagulation medications and stroke prevention treatments?
- What happens if my loved one who is being treated with a blood thinner medication has an injury or needs urgent medical attention?
- Does my loved one’s blood thinner have a treatment to temporarily reverse its blood thinning effect if needed in an emergency or unplanned surgery?
- What else can I do to help the person I care for manage their AFib?
- Are there any special dietary restrictions or dietary plans that should be followed?
- How often do we need to visit the doctor?
- What types of physical activity are safe for my loved one?
It’s always useful to know what the potential treatment options are before going to visit with your loved one’s doctor. Check out treatment options for AFib here.